kandisek

Literary Beauty

Abbreviations I use in my reviews:

Frankenstein: Prodigal Son
Scott Brick, Kevin J. Anderson, Dean Koontz

Intuition (The Premonition, #2)

Intuition (The Premonition, #2) - Amy A. Bartol Hmm ok...This book was very much the same as the last, it's the story line that was keeping my interest and now even that is waning. The forced slang in an attempt to be "cool" is ever present. Now there is a love square and I despise love squares although this one seems to be interesting given the latest addition to the mix is some kind of faerie vampire, but now she has to worry about hurting three men instead of just two and that in itself is arduous, in addition to her becoming predictable. However, Evie is a strong female protagonist, being inside of her head and listening to every thought is excruciating but what comes out of her mouth is consistent and that's what really counts.

Evie can talk the talk and walk the walk which I'm grateful for as other leading protagonists desperately who want to avenge their fallen comrades while insisting they are adept, only to require rescuing only milliseconds later. But she's too damn emotional, yes Evie, shit happened. Get over it, some crying about everything and act because that's why no one ever invites you to their parties..you whiny baby.

Russell was and sorta kinda is still my favorite, being inside of his head for 90 some odd pages has tarnished his bravado because know I am fully aware that he's pathetic in his need for Evie and no longer feel sorry for him when she rejects him because he does it to himself. However, I love that he has embraced his inner Angel because he is pretty bad ass and I want to see what else he's capable of.

The rest of the characters are written well and I've grown to love them. I will probably read book numero tres because now predictable Evie is probably going to sneak off to "save" everyone else and face faerie vamp all by herself because he has her old elementary school friend, but let me not make assumptions because Amy Bartol has been consistent in surprising me and doing the complete opposite of my assumptions...