kandisek

Literary Beauty

Abbreviations I use in my reviews:

Frankenstein: Prodigal Son
Scott Brick, Kevin J. Anderson, Dean Koontz
Sam I Am (October Trilogy #1) - Heather Killough-Walden "He opened her up and drank her in, relentlessly demanding more, bruising her lips as he forced the kiss deeper and deeper. She went weak in the knees beneath his erotic assault, her hands fisting in the sleeves of his shirt for balance..."

Why I read this one still escapes me. Maybe it was because the synopsis was better then the entire read? I really dont know, but it lost me after Logan admitted to writing female characters that couldn't resist the temptation of manly wiles. Really?

Logan comes from some kind of dysfunctional family, but the storyline doesn't address it too much or at all really, which is weird. It's like "yeah 10 year old Jimmy was bleeding from the eyes and nose again because 18 year old Timmy beat the shit out of him again...oh my god, I think Dom made eye contact with me", just weird.

Logan is a weakling that developed all of these violent male characters in a book but because she is a bard and whatever she writes has the power of coming true. Then some spirit escapes the underworld because of a young witches mistake and he become all of her male characters in one...the synopsis says that "he is everything she ever dreamed of" Hmmm She must have a thing for BDSM because this guy is just violent, he doesn't have not one attractive attribute going for him and interesting enough, she isn't all that into him from start to finish.

I couldn't get into the characters because they weren't developed well, everyone was kind of shallow and then the reference to Buffy the Vampire Slayer's Giles, then proceeding to write a character just like that bugged me. Throughout the book I couldn't get over Logan being so weak, she couldn't do anything, she was helpless and her bestie witch friend didn't know jack...the whole thing wasn't worth it.