kandisek

Literary Beauty

Abbreviations I use in my reviews:

Frankenstein: Prodigal Son
Scott Brick, Kevin J. Anderson, Dean Koontz

Fade Into Me (Fade, #2)

Fade Into Me (Fade, #2) - Kate Dawes Hmmm...I still can’t get into this series; I don't know why I continue reading it. Maybe it’s because each installment is only 40-something pages, maybe because I'm hoping for a little more depth, or maybe it’s just because I want to get in as many books read as possible before the end of this year. I choose D, all the above.

Again the sex is good and it was really good until his tongue parted her and slipped into her wet hole...I whipped myself so fast out of hot and bothered that I nearly fell out of my chair.

But let's not focus on that; let's instead turn our attention to the quirks of this little gem. It starts where the last book left off...like the very next day. No sufficient time has passed but our ignorant naive little protagonist is still falling falling falling in love with a man who is more of a fuck buddy than love interest. Their "love" is contingent upon how hard they fuck the night before and what new positions he gets her into.

None of the characters have any depth, I’m still unsure how the roommate plays into this, and I know she is a hooker of some sort, but why write her in that way? Why even have a roommate? What is the purpose of her character? I don’t get it.

Then there’s Max’s childhood story. It went from his parents being overprotective, religious nuts who didn’t want their son to leave the little Podunk town and him being engrossed in movies and theater to his parents hiding his acceptance letter to UCLA, to confronting his dad about hitting his mother..Wait. What? I was thrown, I had to go back and reread to confirm that that tidbit came out of left field, there was ZERO indication of abuse going on until he confronts his father one day out of the blue? Then he was able to just waltz into his father’s Mom and Pop shop and easily obtain a check from his father for $5,000? And his big bad wife beating dad, just said “Here you go champ, just don’t tell your mother, the one I’m beating, about Becky Sue and Mable cause I’m just too damn ashamed…now go on ‘git’”

Oh and let’s not forget the laugh out loud moments when she kept making references to how well she knows him and how she was just so damn surprised that he was able to climb over that damn nearimpenetrable wall that she had erected…Gosh. Even I don’t know how he did it…Please

Then the whole ridiculous 2 second breakup (could it even be called a break up seeing as they weren’t technically together? Hmmmm), was that supposed to be a “twist” at the end there? Cause that was downright laughable! It was the comedic relief of the whole book! No really, because all he needed to do was send her a playwright and all is forgiven! Just stupid and ridiculous.