kandisek

Literary Beauty

Abbreviations I use in my reviews:

Frankenstein: Prodigal Son
Scott Brick, Kevin J. Anderson, Dean Koontz
Boundless - Cynthia Hand Aww, I fucking love this series! I'm so sad that its over...I feel lost, my heart kind of hurts because this is really it, the end. I'm beginning to question my own existence, what am I supposed to do now? What meaning does my life have?...Nah, I'm kidding but it's truly a bittersweet ending to a phenomenal run.

I'm not one to compare books or authors, but I told my sister who is a little hesitant about reading this series because of the bad luck she has had with other angel books, that Cynthia Hand's Unearthly series is the equivalent of [a:Maggie Stiefvater|1330292|Maggie Stiefvater|http://d.gr-assets.com/authors/1359424840p2/1330292.jpg]'s Wolves of Mercy Falls series. These are two bad ass authors who have cornered the market in their respective genre's. You read these trilogy's and by the end, there's a little bit of you left with those books, you actually feel a deep loss that you won’t be a part of their lives anymore.

Although I will admit, I started getting a little concerned there half way through, I was a little skeptical that Cynthia was going to be my friend by that last page. But I should have known better then to doubt her, my ERS started flaring up and when that little twist came about, my WTS almost catapulted my Nook across the room but I'm happy that I got it under control because no one can beat the warm and fuzzies of that ending.

I will say this again as I have said before, there are no words to describe how I feel about how Clara fell in love with one guy and stayed in love with him for the duration. It’s damn near unheard of in YA, there’s always this waffling that infuriates me to no end and whenever I can read a book and the protagonist is sure and loyal, it’s just refreshing.