kandisek

Literary Beauty

Abbreviations I use in my reviews:

Frankenstein: Prodigal Son
Scott Brick, Kevin J. Anderson, Dean Koontz

The Fallen and Leviathan (The Fallen, #1-2)

The Fallen and Leviathan (The Fallen, #1-2) - Thomas E. Sniegoski 2.5 stars because the parts of the book that didn't require him to act or think were good.

Just finished book 1:1 and I'm not too jazzed to continue reading 1:2, but the ending was promising and that little candle of hope kindled.

The one thing I despise most, is when there is a leading character and they are vehemently against accepting their fate, even when they have proof that it is in fact their fate, they still choose not to acknowledge what it is they have to do or become. Aaaaahhhhhhhh!

Aaron Corbet is no different, he irritated me to no end with his waffling back in forth with curiosity and then aversion to learning more about the Nephilim. Then acting as if everything he experienced was such a huge surprise! I mean COME ON, GET. WITH. IT! I usually like reading from the POV of a male character so I don't have to deal with the ambivalent mind of a 15, 16 or 17 year old female who is too weak to act when everything goes to shit, no such luck here. Even when his parents were burned right in front of him, he didn't get mad, he restrained that power within him...even when they snatched up his poor autistic brother, he restrained that mighty force that would have probably saved them all..

In life, there comes a time when you've been pushed too far and you're on the edge and then you snap. For Aaron Corbet it was when the old, indigent fallen Angel that he knew for all of maybe three days was S-M-I-T-T-E-N mid-battle protecting his sorry ass, that he then chose to act. Ahh yes, you would have that it might have been the family that saved him from the system or raised him like their own, or hearing their painful screams as they were set aflame, nope, it wasn't crawling next to their flaming and burning bodies and having the ability to look into their skulls that did it for him...it was the dumpster diving Grigori that ruffled his feathers and pissed him the hell off. Really? Oh, you mad now huh?

Book 1:2: One word: Yawn.

It was difficult for me to continue reading this book as every crescendo consistently came to a screeching halt by Aaron's ineptitude. I stopped even attempting to get excited when he would be faced with any sort of adrenaline inducing situation because I could always count on him to choke which resulted in wrist spasms as I resisted the urge to chuck my nook.

I'm tapping out! I'm done.