kandisek

Literary Beauty

Abbreviations I use in my reviews:

Frankenstein: Prodigal Son
Scott Brick, Kevin J. Anderson, Dean Koontz
City of Bones  - Cassandra Clare I rated it three stars because as per Goodreads, I liked it.

It took me a minute to get into this read and even now I cant say that I am captivated. To me it felt very monotone, that it just kind of dragged on and even the adrenaline inducing situations didn't shock me out of my insipid mood. I could say that it was easy for me to be a functioning member of society and walk away from this read, but that wouldn't be entirely true. I discovered that when I walked away from this book, my thoughts unconsciously drifted back to the story-line and realized that even though I had to force myself to continue reading, I needed to know what happened next.

Clary isn't weak but she isn't a strong protagonist either and she actually wasn't very bright. She was who bored me the most, a lot of things had to be spelled out to her and I really despised how she would get a piece of information and thought she wrote the book. Well, maybe that isn't fair, she could be right about the Jace thing, but I wont ever find out because I have no intentions of continuing the series.

All the other characters were boring, boring, boring. I'm bored.