kandisek

Literary Beauty

Abbreviations I use in my reviews:

Frankenstein: Prodigal Son
Scott Brick, Kevin J. Anderson, Dean Koontz
Linger  - Maggie Stiefvater I really enjoyed Linger. There is something to be said about an author who can write a story line as slow as molasses going up hill on a cold day and yet still manage to keep the reader absolutely captivated. These books are well written, very fluid and Stiefvater did a great job of incorporating all four perspectives. I enjoyed the additional perspective's that were added because I am nosy and I could now know what EVERYONE is thinking!

Cole and Isabel are awesome additions to the story because of what is transpiring between them and the ability to bear witness to their development and growth as individuals. Which leads me to my next thought; the main reason I love these characters is because I can identify with them, they are real people with real thoughts. Even her parents were real, although I didn't care that they were absentee for so long and then tried to make this phenomenal responsible parental comeback, their concerns were valid. I also love Sam and Grace's love because it isn't sappy and gag-worthy, it's balanced and natural. Is it predictable? Eh Maybe, but it isn't something out of the norm. It makes sense.

Even though I knew what was going to happen because Stiefvater basically spelled it out, (which I still don't understand why she would do that) I was still only somewhat prepared for it. I wasn't prepared to sit inside of Sam and feel how broken he was/is and then I just couldn't contain myself; I screamed at the heavens "WWHHHHHHYYYYYY?!!!!" with closed fists drawn up to my chest and until I was unable to stand, dropping to my knees. I was stricken with pain and grief. For 2 minutes nothing in the world mattered. I was alone with my Nook in hand, now laying on my side, hugging my knees to my chest and all I could think of was Sam.

*sigh* my heart is broken for Sam and Grace...after everything they went through to be together and now this...