kandisek

Literary Beauty

Abbreviations I use in my reviews:

Frankenstein: Prodigal Son
Scott Brick, Kevin J. Anderson, Dean Koontz
Predestined  - Abbi Glines This is installment, I will have to admit, was MUCH better than the last one!

Don’t get me wrong, Pagan is still a raging bitch but because she already has Dank, she is a little less imbalanced and doesn’t cause bile to rise up in the throat…too often. However, now we are dealing with Dank’s POV, which is a blessing and a curse. We get a peek at what he gets to do on a daily and nightly basis and how he now feels about taking souls now that he has the capacity to care. But we also have to hear about all of his psychotic jealousy and his claim to Pagan, which funny enough, at some point Pagan insists to Leif that no one owns her, but she’ll allow Dank to call her his like she is a toy and he is a tantrum throwing two year old…

More of my dislikes in this book include how Leif is made out to be the big bad wolf. He never hurt Pagan, ever. Yet Pagan is so quick to turn on him even with their memories together, it pissed me off really. Leif had been there her entire life ensuring her happiness; bringing her teddy bears and candy when no one else would, catching her when she fell from trees, helping her find her mother when she got lost…he is just so effing cute. But our little puppet allow Dank and Gee drill into her head that Leif doesn’t have a soul (dun-dun-dunnnn) and because the Blue Fairy was too busy granting the wishes of Pinocchio and Geppetto, little Peggy-Ann didn’t get to become a real girl, which means that she is incapable of forming her own thoughts and opinions and lacks the intelligence required to decipher that Death doesn’t have a soul either, but you can’t blame her! She’s just a puppet! The extent of her comprehension is the thoughts, opinions and beliefs of the person pulling the strings!

Puppet Peggy is still selfish something fierce but at least in this installment she is able to get over herself long enough to care about the other people in her life…but no worries, she reminds you every so often just to ensure you don’t form any crazy thoughts and believe that she is capable of being a decent person…or puppet, for instance this is an excerpt from one of her many conversations with Leif:

“’You’re just going to take me from earth? What about my mother? I can’t just leave her.’ That was actually the least of my worries but he’d brought up my mother’s grieving so I thought I’d throw it back in his face”. Bitch didn’t really even care that her mother would grieve for her! All she thought about at this moment was Dank. Dank Dank Dank. How to get back to Dank. What to do so that Dank can find her. See what I mean? Bitch.

Here is a random thought: How could Pagan have a soul mate when she was supposed to die, not once, but twice already? Hmmm, conundrum.

Anyway, it was that last paragraph of the last chapter that dug it's claws into me guaranteeing that I will be reading the next installment...now that evoked the warm and fuzzies.

I’m in too deep now…on to book three.