kandisek

Literary Beauty

Abbreviations I use in my reviews:

Frankenstein: Prodigal Son
Scott Brick, Kevin J. Anderson, Dean Koontz
Ceaseless - Abbi Glines I must admit that I liked it better than the other two, although I still harbor a dislike for this series. I also have to admit what a shame it is to start a trilogy with shitty installments and make the last of the trilogy the best of them yet. Were there times when my WTS flared up? Yes. Yes there were.

I think the best part is that Pagan had forgotten all about Dank and Leif. Her memory is wiped clean so Dank has to try this time to get her and I have to say, she out up a good resistance (I would say fight but we all know it was ever hardly a fight). She was provided the opportunity to make the decision herself between her soul mate and Dank…was it predictable? Yes. And why was her soul mate such a fucktard? Well reader, because Dank had to be a shoo-in don’t you see? Dank was always going to be the winner no matter what and Glines wanted to make it easy for you to root for Dank since she royally fubared the “evil villain” that is Leif Montgomery. So, in this installment the evil villain came complete with nice enough with accesories of horny little bastard, rudeness and arrogance…You see? Did it work? Did you buy it?

Then the whole Leif being a creeper…just stop. Like I stated before, he deserves a lot better than Pagan Moore and the fact the he was now a creepo stalker who watches Pagan from across the street, while wearing dark shades and playing jimmy pull in his pants pocket, just dreaming of the day he could catch her in a downpour and “offer” her a ride home (where he will proceed to bring her to his basement and chain her to the wall), was just too much. Just stop Glines.

Of course there were still other moments that brought back my disgust for that Pagan, but it wouldn’t be the Existence trilogy without them. It would be like eating a cupcake without frosting…you just can’t have one without the other. Like when Pagan started in again with that damn comfort thing, I just about lost it, she was using yet another guy and getting away with it. No one ever gets mad a little Peggy Poo, they all love her, it's like watching an episode of True Blood (I hate you Sookie Stackhouse!)

And what was with the red head? That was surely a loose end Ms. Glines. Conferring with a fellow reader, we’re pretty sure its Sabine but you never elaborated on why she was even mentioned…OH then there was the whole get hit by a car thing and miraculous recovery…who would believe that shit? Bitch got pummeled by a damn car and she WALKED back to her room? With a concussion? And NO ONE saw her? Bullshit.

However, it was the better installment…annnnd fingers crossed and praying that Glines doesn’t write another installment. Let’s end it here, it was a good err decent run…let’s stop here.