kandisek

Literary Beauty

Abbreviations I use in my reviews:

Frankenstein: Prodigal Son
Scott Brick, Kevin J. Anderson, Dean Koontz
Bound - Kira Saito Hmmm, I don’t really know how I feel about this book. The protagonist is utterly and tragically fucking annoying, she is ignorant and it isn't just that she is ignorant, she refuses to learn anything! Because even though she knows nothing at all, she knows everything! You can’t tell her anything because she already knows...and then she fucking doesn't! It's a mind fuck!

On top of the ignorance, Arelia is always mad...just angry for no apparent reason, anything and everything will set her off. Oh you think you want to buy her some really good chocolates as an apology, cause you know she likes chocolate? Well fuck you, cause she's mad you wanted to apologize with really good chocolate! You rich Bastard! Which brings me to why she's mad all the time, she mad cause she has to work for a living while other people are born into wealth, she mad cause a spirit -an all knowing entity- told her the Darkwood Manor was dangerous and she wants them to stop being so wise, she mad cause she refuses to actually listen to the words coming out of her elders mouths and claims that they are being "ominous" and wants them to dumb them down like she has a learning disability...maybe make some flashcards and make up a rhyming song, she mad because the old black lady in the kitchen looks like her grand-mere Bea but cant guess who she is and lastly she mad cause she is stupid and stupid people usually get mad a lot cause they tend not to understand anything nor do they choose to gain knowledge to strive to become less stupid.

What I eventually ended up doing was smirking every time Saito stated that Arelia was in a tizzy and harrumphing and humphing around cause she just couldn’t hold it in anymore because it's like when isn’t she angry? She couldn't hold it in? Who the fuck are we kidding here? This bitch has yet to refrain from being crass. And the best part is she feels justified in doing so, like she was the bringer of truths and she owed it to you and once she has bestowed whatever asinine wisdom she had for you, you should thank her for it.

Then if an ignorant 16 year-old with anger issues doesn’t grab your attention how about how condescending she is? She speaks to the spirits and treats them like they owe her something even when both of her elders tell her to respect them and what really bunched my panties is that she didn’t even give Lucas the opportunity to act like an arrogant, wealthy and entitled little shit before she started treating him like he was...I was really taken aback at how crude she was towards him just because of what he had. Ew.

Then there's Ivan...why the hell is everyone treating him like he isn’t a person?! What the hell is up with that?

This book is also terribly predictable. I already know what’s going to happen in the other installments, but I’m gonna read them because I like being right...now let's hope I can get through the next couple of books without wanting to get into a boxing match with the air.