kandisek

Literary Beauty

Abbreviations I use in my reviews:

Frankenstein: Prodigal Son
Scott Brick, Kevin J. Anderson, Dean Koontz

Unearthly (Unearthly, #1)

Unearthly (Unearthly, #1) - Cynthia Hand Great book. Really awesome read, I appreciated the Clara character, she is witty and level-headed. Finally a woman who can fall in love with one guy and even though there is an equally hot guy, she stays in love with the first one! When I was reading it, I kept thinking to myself "ok, so you say you love Tucker, but I know that when Christian shows his hot little face again, you're going to be all over him like butter on bread...hmph, please honey, I've read enough of these books to know what's really going to go on here" but it didn't happen! Her feelings stayed true and consistent and the insecurities she has about her future and Christian are appropriate. Hand did a great job with keeping my attention throughout this entire book, from the beginning to the very end, also, I enjoyed that fact that there was finally a leading lady with her emotions in tact, my God how I loved that! I didnt have to deal with the "I don't know how I'm supposed to feel" "Why are all these guys attracted to me?" "I'm not pretty, I see a plain Jane when I look in the mirror" waaa waa waa woe is me and people should feel sorry for me because I am celestial being and I see visions.

Now on to Hallowed...