kandisek

Literary Beauty

Abbreviations I use in my reviews:

Frankenstein: Prodigal Son
Scott Brick, Kevin J. Anderson, Dean Koontz

The Sea of Tranquility

The Sea of Tranquility - Katja Millay When I first started reading this, I was first thinking Ok. What is going on? I was irritated at the obscurity of the story (I hate suspense)...then I find myself up at 2:40 in morning cursing myself because I have a 4-year old who wakes before God himself and another 100 pages to go and I am seriously weighing the pros and cons of continuing.

I absolutely love this book. I love the story of two broken individuals who find each other and grant each other liberties they dont grant anyone else around them. I love the complicated simplicity of their relationship and their healthy illness. I love every contradiction in these characters in how they are supposed to act, who they they have every right to be, but are not.

I love that they are smart and insightful and are growing from their experiences and misfortunes, yes they are clearly fractured but they are trying. I love that Josh Bennett has a best friend that he can truly count on, someone who isn't selfish...I actually think those moments made the list of my favorite parts about this book, other then the entire story itself. Ha.

I love Josh, Nastya/Emilia, Drew and Clay.

And lastly, I adore Katja Millay for writing such a moving story. One that has you up into the wee hours of the morning eagerly turning pages, completely captivated by every word and absorbed in every emotion...and dog ass tired but incredibly smitten.