kandisek

Literary Beauty

Abbreviations I use in my reviews:

Frankenstein: Prodigal Son
Scott Brick, Kevin J. Anderson, Dean Koontz

White Trash Beautiful (White Trash, #1)

White Trash Beautiful (White Trash, #1) - Teresa Mummert 4.5 stars

White Trash Beautiful.

It wasn’t the same type of contemporary that I am used to reading, yet I enjoyed it immensely. Cass is the epitome of white trash. She lives in a trailer park, has a druggie asshole that beats on her for a boyfriend and a mother who wasn’t strong enough to do it alone, and so she turned to drugs to get away from it all, of which, her boyfriend is supplying her mother with her habit. She works at an old and somewhat dilapidated diner for minimum wage and when she goes to work with bruises on her body and face, no one asks because that’s life in the trailer park.

But Cass doesn’t want to end up like her mother or her boyfriend, she has dreams to move to a place that she can wash her laundry without fear of getting robbed and raped. She wants to better herself because, unlike those who surround her, she is well aware that the world is so much bigger and that there is so much more outside of Eddington, Georgia. However, she knows her limitations, she is painfully aware that she may not be able to escape before she drowns, she wants her mother back and she wants her boyfriend to return the knight in shining armor that he once was and most importantly she has doubts about the unknown and where it will take her. Then she meets Tucker. He waltz’s into her life and he gives her a taste of what she has been craving: freedom and she can finally breathe.

What I like about this read is that Cass keeps her wits about her, I enjoy a love story like anyone else but I appreciated that Cass didn’t forget where she came from and where she was going to end up at the end of the night, she didn’t get all love sick and start believing what could have very well been a just a fantasy. She went back to work every day. She went back to her shitty life but she held on to that little sliver of hope and the experiences that she deserved.

I love Tucker. It’s just plain and simple, he wasn’t some jackhole that dicked her around, giving her false hopes only to dash them. He knew what he wanted and went for it and never gave up and who doesn’t love chivalry? Uh, no one!

So, I love love love this one, well, no so much the slappy and punchy aspect but the overall story.