kandisek

Literary Beauty

Abbreviations I use in my reviews:

Frankenstein: Prodigal Son
Scott Brick, Kevin J. Anderson, Dean Koontz
Cinder - Marissa Meyer Wow! I actually really loved this book! I have to admit the beginning is kind of slow and the author didnt describe Cinder, so for awhile there I was at a loss to what she looked like, my imagination had to go into overdrive. It also took me a while to get into the story line, as I knew it was a spin off of Cinderella but it was lacking something that I needed to grasp my attention, so I kept coming back and reading all the rave reviews to keep me going, however, once it picked up...it was just. Wow. I was so embarrassed for Cinder in certain parts of this read, I was actually cringing while reading because I was too embarrassed for her to continue, but I HAD to! Meyer did a great job with going into great detail in most of the plot. Great rendition of Cinderella and seriously, I was 190 pages in before I realized the setting was in Beijing...all of you who are now reading this review and shaking your head in shame and disgust at my idiocy, believe me I lived it.

looking forward to the next installment!