kandisek

Literary Beauty

Abbreviations I use in my reviews:

Frankenstein: Prodigal Son
Scott Brick, Kevin J. Anderson, Dean Koontz
Beautiful Chaos - Kami Garcia, Margaret Stohl Cue the eye roll...I absolutely loved the first two books and being inside of Ethan Wate's head, he didn't dwell on shit, he wasn't an emotional fragile female that would think about their emotions every five minutes are dissect body language to the point that you're pulling out your hair and shouting nonessential shit because you just want them to stop describing his pecks when his shirt got wet from all of your drool and how he looked at you when the sun peeked out from behind the clouds and how his hair brushed his face slightly when he turned 30 degrees left and the breeze from the nearest beach swept up up underneath them and how the moon reflected off of his dark eyes, which reminded you of the danger and lover you felt for him...blah, blah blah. Honestly though, just reading from his perspective if I was stuck inside of Lena's head, I probably would have jumped off a cliff especially after coming off of that poor excuse for literature that is the Hush, Hush series.

But seriously Ethan, after all you have gone through in the previous two books, you want to still not trust the people who have been there for you and saved your ass on multiple accounts when something is visibly wrong?! COME ON!! You even noticed yourself that something isn't quite right... the crazy dreams, the absent memory and that shadow you keep seeing? Really?! Seriously?! Yeah, you're right though, stupid me, you're perfectly ok, just keep going about your daily business...

And now that I'm over my little rant, the book quickly recovered and I will admit, I was damn near crying at the end. I'm so happy that there is another one coming out because if she would have let it end like that, I would have personally saw to it her car got egged and her home teepee'd with as much toilet paper that could be purchased at Costco. Great series though, love it.