kandisek

Literary Beauty

Abbreviations I use in my reviews:

Frankenstein: Prodigal Son
Scott Brick, Kevin J. Anderson, Dean Koontz
Girl in the Arena - Lise Haines Why was this book written? I mean damnit it started off with such great intentions...then what hell happened? I was thinking "hell yeah, give me a bad-ass chick in an arena, kicking ass and taking names!", I'm thinking Russell Crowe's Gladiator type shit and it started off with this great little introduction of the establishment of the Gladiator sport and then...

Then there is an autograph, a mother on her seventh marriage, a slaughtered husband(doesn't even put up a fight), a winner, a dowry bracelet, an arranged marriage, some persistent paparazzi, a suicide, a mentally retarded brother, a corrupt Gladiator Association, a fixed match, a lion and a projection...and NO ONE winning by the conclusion of this horrible idea for a book! I feel like I lost a percentage of myself and gained stupidity by the end of this, I felt dumb for a couple of days, just wondering around wondering WTF just happened. Questioning my faith in everything I believed in...

Who would take time out of their lives to write this? And then go as so far as to put a girl on the cover that gives the illusion that there is some actual fighting going on? WHY!?

Ugh.