kandisek

Literary Beauty

Abbreviations I use in my reviews:

Frankenstein: Prodigal Son
Scott Brick, Kevin J. Anderson, Dean Koontz
Room - Emma Donoghue Hmmm, I liked it…Although, this isn’t one of those reads that rips your heart out and at the end of it, you kind of wished it continued because you were quite ready to let the characters go.

The point of view of a five year old is…interesting to say the least. It took a little getting used to Jack and the way he speaks, I had a hard time following it for the first couple of chapters although I enjoyed reading it through his perspective, how and what he felt and thought while in Room and how he matured and developed once he was on the Outside.

I appreciated that his mother made sure to educate him while they were held captive, even without the possibility of freedom, she made sure to take time out of her day, every day to make sure he learned things and she provided him the best environment she possibly could. She made sure he brushed his teeth and ate as well of a well-rounded diet she could muster up and it’s admirable. When she approached that proverbial fork in the road, she chose well.

When I closed the book, it felt complete and I honestly really can’t pinpoint where my dislike sits, but I just kind of felt like Eh…

Didn’t love it, didn’t hate it.