kandisek

Literary Beauty

Abbreviations I use in my reviews:

Frankenstein: Prodigal Son
Scott Brick, Kevin J. Anderson, Dean Koontz
Leaving Paradise - Simone Elkeles 4.5 stars

Not the ending I would have expected...

But I'm happy that there is a sequel and that I have it because if I had to wait...I don't even want to imagine what would have happened.

Maggie and Caleb are cute and my heart broke a little bit throughout this read. I thought Caleb was the largest phallus because he seemed just too damn nonchalant about the whole thing, I almost felt the need to reach into the book and bitch slap him...but then I kept reading and I'm very happy I did.

Maggie, I stopped feeling sorry for, she felt sorry enough for herself for the both of us. Even if she had a good reason to be..it just started getting to be too much pity and 'woe is me' but she was able to eventually grow and understand what happened to her and accept it and it was refreshing.

However, there were a couple of 'insta' moments for me where I had a "hmm ok...not sure how that happened but oh-kay" thought and every time I read something like that my eyes automatically narrow and cut sideways off the page as my brain attempts to process the instantaneous comprehension that the characters just had...I'm mostly wondering how the hell did they come to such a conclusion so quickly when previous chapters didn't exhibit any contemplation of the said perception..it's an Aha! moment with no foundation.

...Maggie and Caleb are super cute though, so on to [b:Return to Paradise|7797874|Return to Paradise (Leaving Paradise, #2)|Simone Elkeles|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1271357819s/7797874.jpg|10770784]...