kandisek

Literary Beauty

Abbreviations I use in my reviews:

Frankenstein: Prodigal Son
Scott Brick, Kevin J. Anderson, Dean Koontz
Birthmarked - Caragh M. O'Brien This is a great start to a hopefully great trilogy!

I will admit though that I rolled my eyes a couple of times during this read but I had to come to terms that this girl had everything snatched away from her in a matter of hours, of course she isn’t going to be strong right out of the gate, she has parents who love her and have protected her the evils of the Enclave, so how is she supposed to react? So once I did, my WTS and ERS stayed dormant.

But, then she did something that was incredible...she grew a set a really big balls and she them hang, I even think at one point she swung them around a little. She had her mind set on one thing and nothing or no one was going to deter her and it was awesome.

I was completely in awe of the operations of the Enclave, how they could take peoples children without remorse and raise them as their own? I wouldn’t be able to do it. Then she is without a family and doesn’t even know why, so she sets her mind to figuring out a couple of things; one, why her family was taken and two; to get them back by all means necessary and I respected her for it, she manned up and was determined! She didn’t even falter at the manly wiles of Leon….just respect right there.

Although, Gaia wass easily manipulated, which at times I wanted to scream. She was able to get herself or Leon backed into a corner and could be snapped in half like a dry piece of spaghetti, I can’t count how many times she broke and I was just shaking my head, but I also had to keep in mind that she was up against the world (her world) and she is only 16…these were things that I had to keep reminding myself, but bottom line she is pretty badass and you just can’t get any better than that.

Now onto [b:Prized|9424367|Prized (Birthmarked, #2)|Caragh M. O'Brien|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1317793828s/9424367.jpg|14308787]