kandisek

Literary Beauty

Abbreviations I use in my reviews:

Frankenstein: Prodigal Son
Scott Brick, Kevin J. Anderson, Dean Koontz
Caged Moon - Rachel Deagan I didn't love it. I didn't hate it.

It's actually been a couple of weeks since I've read this and apparently it didn't leave a lasting impression. I was going through some of the other reviews to jog my memory about this book and now I remember!

I liked Charlotte enough, she was a bit naive but likeable nonetheless. Actually no, in hindsight her naivety was very annoying, this girl questioned EVERYTHING to death!

Did his eye's change color? I think his eyes changed color, but this time he was inside of the cafeteria not in the forest and there wasn’t a moon in sight...so am I imagining it? And his friend's eye's looked like they changed color too? I think I saw them change? No, they couldn’t have, I must be losing it. But I coulda swore...

Sometimes Charlotte, a shoe is a shoe and green eyes change to amber. Sorry babe, but that's life.

Then there was the you can control all of us with your mind aspect, which isn’t a bad thing but given to an girl that doesn't act is like having the superpower of being able to grow fingernails at lightning speed...why? One memory worthy moment of this book that really got my knickers in a snit was when the love of her life was getting like really jacked up and she stood there thinking Oh dear, Liam just got blasted through that tree...gosh this is just so damn painful to watch...ouch! I’m sure that size 12 to the dome was pretty painful! Is that blood I see coming out of his right eyeball? His ear is bleeding! OMG! He is barely moving after getting clotheslined into.the.ground...violence makes me cringe...ok NOW this needs to stop!" WHAT? Really? Cause Char Char you could have stopped it way before his ass was cashing checks. AND This happened AFTER she was aware of her “gift”.

The story in itself was pretty decent though, I liked the supporting characters. However as soon as I typed that, my nose scrunched up when I thought about her friend and that whole DRAMABOMB with the enemy werewolf. Hmmm. I know I liked this read, there are some positive points, there has to be, I know there are cause I made a mental note that I would read the second installment...but to place my finger on it...

Yes! It was about werewolves! Also, I didn’t hate Charlotte; I just disliked her and at times immensely.

That is all.