kandisek

Literary Beauty

Abbreviations I use in my reviews:

Frankenstein: Prodigal Son
Scott Brick, Kevin J. Anderson, Dean Koontz
Ten Tiny Breaths - K.A. Tucker I thought once I discovered the predictability that this instantly couldn't be more than 3.5 stars because come on, really? I don’t like figuring out the plot before the third chapter but all I can say now is well played Tucker, well played.

It isn't a secret that with some basic arithmetic you will be able to deduce the story line the second it is presented, but even with the predictability it was written well enough that you could forgive that little faux pas as well as some wordiness issues that were a little distracting. The characters were believable and well developed and I didn't want to put the book down once I started reading it because even though I knew what was coming, it was the ride getting there that fed my curiosity.

But getting back to the storyline.

This is a really emotional story about the very real repercussions of drinking and driving. I felt the way Kacey felt for the majority of the book, I hated the same guys that she hated for breaking up her family and destroying her life. I wanted to hold on to my grudge and I found myself agreeing with Kacey's inhibitions for remorse, but Tucker is such a phenomenal writer that she was able to change my mind. I grew with Kacey and I learned to forgive along with her. Tucker was able to teach the importance of empathy in 231 pages, it was thought provoking and I didn’t have a choice but to sympathize with the other perspective and finally come to realize that accidents happen, and its the process of forgiveness that will allow an individual to truly heal from them. I loved all of the characters and felt each and every one of them contributed to the story, they were dimensional and well-written.

It is a really great read that leaves you feeling whole by the last line.

Thanks for the Recommendation Erin!