kandisek

Literary Beauty

Abbreviations I use in my reviews:

Frankenstein: Prodigal Son
Scott Brick, Kevin J. Anderson, Dean Koontz
The Fault in Our Stars - John Green What a tearfest, amiright? Damn, I was so gutted by the end of this I couldn’t think straight. I love Hazel and Gus and their star-crossed love. Hazel is hilarious and when you throw in the comedic relief of Augustus Water’s you have quite a pair.

This is the first love story that illustrated cancer patients and their lives, the decisions that they make and why they make them and their desire to have normal relationships and to be treated as any healthy child. Prior to reading [b:The Fault in Our Stars|11870085|The Fault in Our Stars|John Green|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1360206420s/11870085.jpg|16827462]I never thought about what cancer children have to go through with the group sessions and how often the attendees change as the list of those who passed grows longer, and my heart ached reading about them.

When I laughed, I laughed heartily and when I cried, it was ugly and thoroughly unattractive. When you get to that last page, you don’t know what to do with yourself because even though it’s tragic and heartbreaking, you don’t want it to end; you aren’t quite ready to give up those characters, yet, you need that closure.

This is definitely one of those books that stay with you.