kandisek

Literary Beauty

Abbreviations I use in my reviews:

Frankenstein: Prodigal Son
Scott Brick, Kevin J. Anderson, Dean Koontz
Nobody - Jennifer Lynn Barnes Hmmm, this was a decent read but it just didn’t make the cut.

What really got me...perturbed me...bunched my knickers to an intractable knot at my backside that was low enough to cause friction and discomfort while sitting, was that these two individuals were only 15 years old. So how in the wholly hell are they even somewhat capable of raising two children?! And don’t feed me that bull about them being his siblings, cause that's some bullshit and Ima call you on it. They are effing 15! He didn’t have parents and hers neglected her for the entirety of her existence! But they lived happily ever after? Huh? What?…Well, I guess if you can just steal shit for a living, it reduces a lot of the financial stress associated with raising children…

This book would not exceed 3 stars. Couldn’t. Wouldn’t. Can’t.

Yes, there was insta-love. I’m just going to come out and say it, but Nix and Claire were cute. I kinda, sorta liked the premise. I don’t really like the thought of people being born to be essentially forgotten. It just rubbed me the wrong way that parents could forget a child in various places, to have to put a sticky note on the back window of their car just to remember she existed. That part made me sad.

But their journey was cute, them finding each other and being able to see each other, it was great. Their insta-love was cutesy too…gave me the warm and fuzzies and all that jazz.

Not too shabby, I wouldn’t recommend it to anyone I know but it was entertaining.